Finger on Sky

Finger on Sky

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fallen for Fall



If someone asked me what my favourite season is, my answer would be:
"I dunno...Summer I guess 'cause that's when my birthday is! :)...But I kinda love all the colours of spring...and I love winter,too and I love everything about autumn...AAAAAH, I dunno,OKAY?I love all of them!Now quit torturing me and go back to the land of confusion where you came from,WILL YOU!!" And run and hide myself under the bed and cry.
6226394716_6661fb59fd_z_large Rage-comics-how-to-fail-a-test_large

BUT, you know, recently I've felt how the wind's turned a bit chilly at night and the Sun isn't that hot in the day anymore. And that always sort of, made me a little happy inside, inexplicably. And I can't CAN'T wait for autumn to envelope us in its divine beauty, already and give me a chance to wear my beloved, treasured hoodies...and boots. That I don't own. Yet. AND yesterday, THIS happened:

Okay you should probably know that all of last week, and the last day of the week before, I've been mercilessly grounded in the windmill of giving exams. Stupid, stupid, STUPID brain cells murdering exams that would be given a life sentence to Azkaban if ever that could be possible. I'm pretty sure I flunked two of them but I couldn't even bring myself to care. Yep, that's how insensitive the cruelty and injustice has made me.
259903_10150205381749858_519574857_7124660_5589592_n_large
So anyway, yesterdsay was the last one. And for the last time I literally crawled out of bed with just 2 hours of sleep last night (It was Maths,you see, who would be hanged instantaneously instead of being imprisoned and also, 'cause I'd spend half of night watching MasterChef Australia and Eclipse, yeah that's how desperate exams make me.)
     310417_256582687710902_176101909092314_629302_1080950064_n_largeTumblr_lrycrozexr1qahvp1o1_400_large
 So anyway, I step outta my home, yawning and cursing, and then I stop short. Why? BECAUSE:
Tumblr_lseu6vbm981qaouvno1_500_large
THIS is sorta how the world looked like minus the trees :/
 MISTY. and you know what mist means? Don't you?Sure you do.It means WINTER is close. And you what we call that time? When Winter is close but Summer ain't far back either? Yes. Autumn.(:

6233469299_a1c7b3016b_b_large  Tumblr_lsh0moxbne1r3ci18o1_500_large
                                     Tumblr_lstcx2cjlj1qj27d6o1_500_large_large
                 
That put a huge smile on my face and totally opened my eyes. WIDE. And so did my Maths paper when it came under my nose but that made me totally forget about it. For a while.

And now when I wake up,every morning,the grass is like this:
1244818-11-1318496631289_large Fi1_large

And have you ever walked barefoot in grass like this? Because you haven't lived yet if you haven't. It tickles your feet and it's so cold and it makes you laugh...and with the morning sun on your face, it makes you hot and cold at the same time.It's beautiful.
47b4a2ee41183fb6bf842d1687705eee_large Graceful-leaves-mike-reid_large
                   
                                 Tumblr_lcmap3ob9a1qdptblo1_500_large
And the days and evenings are even more beautiful,so golden. About how the sunlight don't quite fall in line and the sun looks sorta outta its usual place in the sky....Please tell me it's not just me. Please.
And, ah, the joy of walking on crunchy leaves, the indignant sound they make when you care to especially step as hard and cruelly on one as you could
Air-autumn-falling-leaf-leaves-photography-favim.com-74836_largeFavim.com-6303_large

                                         Tumblr_lrjpdsdho91r39wo1o1_500_large

And the nights are....magical. Something about the almost bare trees,as their leaves desert them one by one and gently gather at their feet. And the chilly air that sends shivers down your spine and yet not make you cold enough.
Tumblr_lsmguzq6qh1r39wo1o1_500_large
Something so sad, so romantic, so poignant about those nights, the clear moon holding still in th sky encircled by twinkling, winking stars and an occasional cloud or two on a dark canvas. It's like somehow the whole world is holding its breath.
Tumblr_lt3rx3joio1r45kxco1_500_large   Tumblr_lt481mclfz1qjnc56o1_500_large
 And then late at night when you curl up with a book,your hands around a steaming mug of coffee or hot chocolate and tugging your comforter just a little bit closer for warmth. Or just talking and laughing with your family, around a fire.
     [tumblr_lqj0kvaKkR1qb17fxo1_500_large.jpg]    20090808130234

               Fireplace-20reading-small_large

And of course, the scarves and boots and sweaters and hoodies and shawls and jackets hiding away in your closet. And going shopping for the season. Absolute joy. 
Tumblr_lt0muvlemm1qfwyu2o1_500_largeTumblr_lqlr4zeojl1qi23vmo1_400_large

5199111272_47e98623c7_z_large  179421924_hybyjktr_c_large

     I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE AUTUMN!

                                 Tumblr_lfrlsfjpip1qe0hneo1_500_large


P.S. In honour of Autumn and also because now it sounds stupid I'm officially changing my blog name to *drumroll*......ON A HAZY AUTUMN NIGHT....which is no less stupid and all the more weird but...I dunno,OKAY?Now quit torturing me and go back to the land of confusion where you came from,WILL YOU!! *run and hide myself under the bed and cry.*


        
                               

17 comments:

cricketfreak said...

aww I wish we had seasons in Malaysia!
hmph.
And the pics were really beautiful :)

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

Fall is beautiful.

Follow each other .

Aliza Khan said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee Autumn but I guess I love winters more :D

All She Wrote said...

@cricketfreak: I've been to Malaysia! and you guys have got things I'll trade all the seasons with to have here! :P

All She Wrote said...

@izdiher: Sure is. Following :)

All She Wrote said...

@Aliza: Lol, I love winters too,and it's pretty close so you may wanna watch out for the winter post too :)

Aliza said...

I love winter but your writing just made me fall with autumn :D Loved the post,continue scribbling,girlfriend! <3

Aliza said...

fall in love*
Oopsi,typing error :$

Aliza Khan said...

I have my eyes on you ;) ok so not on you but ur post :p

Soumya said...

All the best for your exams.

Do smile often :)

Cheers,
Soumya

Soumya said...

All the best for your exams.

Do smile often :)

Cheers,
Soumya

Ezazi said...

Fall. Reading your post made me fall for fall all over again. And yes, that's my lousy attempt at a..pun? Shit, these literary devices are all jumbled up inside my head. Still, I love your blog. But of course you know that already. And reading your posts somehow always land me in a deep marvel of how better a player of words you are than anyone I know. So post. So post, please. And because this comment is turning horribly melodramatic (aw shucks, that wasn't meant to happen) I'll take leave now and try not completely spam this page. Do not even dare to not post sooner than soon. Kthanksbye.

All She Wrote said...

@Prettylicious: Thank you so much!^_^<3

All She Wrote said...

@Aliza:TeeHee, I'm flattered :)

All She Wrote said...

Soumya: Lol,thankyou! :D

All She Wrote said...

@Ezazi: *Sniff* You're my absolutest favouritest commentator. 'Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]KZYFzlARMHAui[/url] - rRcQSgJyUXvy , http://pyfnknfrtw.com